A convergence of network and security in a single cloud-native service.
Secure access service edge, or SASE (pronounced “sassy”), is an emerging cybersecurity concept that Gartner described in the August 2019 report ‘The Future of Network Security in the Cloud’. It is a convergence of SD-WAN and Cloud Native Security capabilities into a cloud provided service that can be managed via a single pane of glass.
A SASE deployment model assists organisations to:
- Improve flexibility through increased facilitation of decentralised working environments including remote workers and cloud-based services.
- Save costs through eliminating investment in costly on-premise hardware for providing specialised security capabilities (e.g., IPS capable firewalls).
- Reduce complexity by consolidating multiple functions into a single as-a-service provided platform. For example, a comprehensive SASE solution includes SD-WAN, CASB, SWG, IPS, Anti-Malware and other features inside the one product.
- Improve performance through WAN optimisation, decentralised network access and fewer components.
- Increase security through the use of IPS, Anti-Malware, ZTNA, DDoS Protection and other security features built inherently into the solution.
- Scale near infinitely due to the network intelligence and security functions being performed natively in a cloud context.
Prophecy has certified SASE experts who can provide a full turn-key SASE migration and ongoing management service for organisations of any size. We have partnered with an industry leading SASE provider who built their solution cloud-native from the outset; i.e., they set out to create such a capability in the first instance and have not relied on acquisitions or bolting together disparate products to create the outcome. A dedicated New Zealand POP means reliable network performance is possible.
Prophecy assesses the needs of our customers and packages an associated SASE solution accordingly; enabling the features that make sense for each given scenario. Integrated into our Managed Services business, we can provide a cost effective one-stop-shop for any support, moves, adds and changes that a given SASE deployment requires.